Start positive: 10 habits for better mental health in 2018January 5, 2018 12:59 pm Leave your thoughts New Year’s resolution: Build better mental health habits this year, so you can take on 2018 with a clear mind and a positive attitude. Not sure where to start? Don’t overlook your smartphone. While tech can sometimes cause distractions, it can also help you de-stress and achieve a more positive mindset. 10 ways to start creating healthier habits today:
- Listen to a podcast instead of watching TV. Try the Podcasts app for iOS or SoundCloud for Android.
- Silence your phone and close out of apps before you get into bed.
- Try meditation once a day. Download Headspace or 10% Happier to your phone for the basics.
- Give up social media for reading time. Need suggestions? Goodreads provides the best recs and reviews.
- Manage your family’s screen time. UnGlue is an app that limits social media time and rewards kids for doing chores and physical activity.
- Avoid engaging with negative comments on social media. Unfollow, unfriend, repeat #posivibesonly
- Change your alarm to something more natural. Check out Phillips’s sunrise alarm clock for $50.
- Set a simple reminder on your phone to go for a 10 min walk. There are also apps for this, like Randomly RemindMe for Android and Move for iOS.
- Call your family (aunts, uncles, grandparents, too). Even better, use a video chat app to talk face-to-face!
- Create a blog. Check out Medium or WordPress to get your creative juices flowing.
Categorised in: Mental Health
This post was written by Catherine Solinger